How to Make a Bible Washi Tape Banner for Journaling
Hey Lovely Friends! If you’re like me (and I think you are because you’re my peeps and we LOVE the same things) you’re always wanting to try some new and fun ways to use your washi tape in bible journaling, right?
Yup, me too.
These bible washi tape banners are a quick throw together and can be used to highlight a scripture or decorate your bible in literally just a few minutes.
How cool is that?
(As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please see my full disclosure here.)
Making a Banner Using Washi Tape in Bible Journaling- the Supplies
The supplies to make your bible washi tape banner are simple.
Making a Banner Using Washi Tape in Bible Journaling- the Process
The process for making a washi flag banner is easy but I’ve got a few tips to help make the process super easy.
1.Choose 2 or 3 coordinating washi tapes and cut off about 3 inches of each one. With small pieces of additional washi, tape them right side up to a clean plastic/shiny surface. In the examples shown in this blog post, I taped my washi tape down to my Fiskars Paper Trimmer leaving 1/4 inch or so between each washi piece. The trimmer is great to use since it’s easy to space out the washi at even intervals.
2. Cut a piece of your pearl cotton and tape it down across the center of the washi tape banners. Push the thread down so it sticks to the thread.
3. Carefully fold over your washi and tape the banner sticky sides together.
4. Fold your washi tape in half lengthwise (loosely and don’t make a sharp crease) and cut from the folded edge at an angle towards the end. Make your banner lengths to your desired lengths, staggering if desired.
5. Tie a knot on each side of your banner and cut the ends of your thread to your desired length depending on your project size.
6. Tape to your bible or project!
I hope this quick and easy Bible washi tape banner poject has inspired you to make something creative for your personal devotion and bible study time!
Related Posts About Creative Faith