Inside: Bible Journaling with Crayons Made Easy with Crayola Twistables.
Lying on my belly on the living room floor, my upper teeth bite my lower lip in concentration. Shall I choose a blue or purple crayon out of my big box of 64 Crayola crayons? In my 4 year old mind, I’m not a girl with a coloring book. I’m not simply an artist. I’m an artist who creates beautiful works of art.
Being a 4 year old artist comes easy. And it’s the same with Bible journaling. It doesn’t have to be difficult.
Like last Sunday.
I pulled out 4 weathered and torn plastic stackable bins that are full to the rim of crayons. I’m an adult now and I teach Children’s Church. But you know what, Creative Sister? The experience is the same. I still get a thrill when I pull out the crayons to do a craft with my kids. It’s like I was a kid all over again- but now I’m using crayons in my Bible journaling and I’ve graduated from coloring book to a journaling Bible!!!
But that desire to create that started as a little girl carried on to my adulthood. Even until today.
Bible Journaling with Crayons
Artists might scoff. They might even laugh. But for me, Crayola Twistable crayons are one of the most under rated Bible journaling supplies that I use for my Bible journaling on a regular basis. I am so fond of Bible journaling with crayons!
Supplies for Bible Journaling with Crayons
- There is no need to keep a sharpener on hand because they are already sharp and keep a great point at all times. Just twist more crayon out and you are ready to color! Easy!
- They are eraseable. I found this out by accident many years ago and it really surprised me! My favorite erasers to use with my Twistables are the PentelClic Erasers. They are soft and erase with no issues.
- Twistables are concealed in plastic so the container they are put in will stay clean and not get any marks on it.
- Price- a set of 30 Twistables can be purchased for under 6 dollars and a set of 50 Twistabales can be purchased for under 13 dollars. They are perfect for any budget!
- Perfect for all skill levels- in beginning or advanced Bible journaling, crayons are an excellent tool to add to your skills!
- No peeling!
- Less breakage- the crayon core is protected.
Using Crayons in Bible Journaling- Where to find
As linked in the previous paragraph, Supplies can be found at local stores such as Walmart and Target but in today’s digital age, it’s easy to shop via Amazon for convenience.
Using Crayola Twistables in Bible Journaling
Here are some of the latest journalings that I’ve done using Twistables. I love the amazing results and urge you not to underestimate their beautiful results!
Bible Journaling coloring techniques
When I color using Twistables. my coloring process is fairly simple and straightforward. Here’s what I do:
- Outline in a darker color/shade
- Fill in with a lighter color
- Add shading as neccesary
Here’s a video on various techniques on Crayola Twistables:
There are ways to improve technique while using crayons.
Many of these techniques used in this video are super helpful in Bible journaling but others (such as adding petroleum jelly to your pages) might harm your Bible pages. Please ALWAYS test these techniques on a page in the back of your Bible before working on a page.
Check out my other blog posts on BIBLE JOURNALING
There are so many sources to find images to use using crayons in Bible journaling. One of the easiest places to start is to do a google search for Christian coloring pages or faith coloring pages. You can also search for the specific biblical topic that you want to
Bible journal on and use that. One of my favorite sites to get coloring pages is Ministry to Children.
Bible Journaling Using Crayola Twistables
Bringing back the nostalgia-Crayola Twistables in Bible Journaling
Are you ready to bring back the days of your nostalgic childhood and start using crayons in Bible journaling?
Have you ever used Crayola Twistables in Bible Journaling or tried Bible Journaling with Crayons?
If not, I dare you to take the challenge and try this easy to do and fun technique in your daily Bible journaling!
If so, I’d love to hear from you- please leave a comment here on the blog and tell me all about it!
View this post on Instagram
Again on my quest to draw stuff I never draw in order to get better at drawing, here is a page of sketchy seashells. #seashells #drawingoftheday #sketchbook #ocean #beach #summer #summerart #coloredpencil #cheapartsupplies #cheapartsupplychallenge #crayola #twistables #crayolatwistables
Table of Contents
- 1 Bible Journaling with Crayons
- 2 Supplies for Bible Journaling with Crayons
- 3 Hello BIG GIRL crayons! The Benefits of Crayola Twistables to Bible Journal
- 4 Using Crayons in Bible Journaling- Where to find
- 5 Using Crayola Twistables in Bible Journaling
- 6 Bible Journaling coloring techniques
- 7 Check out my other blog posts on BIBLE JOURNALING
- 8 Bible Journaling Using Crayola Twistables
- 9 Bringing back the nostalgia-Crayola Twistables in Bible Journaling